Lifelog of Musa Yılmaz

Where do you single rich men hang out?

Yine müthiş bir digg keşfi yaptım bugün; ingilizce ve birazcık uzun ama kesinlikle okumaya değer! (kaynağı vermeyi de unutmayalım değil mi? Bu yazıyı yazarken digg etkisi altında çökmüştü ama..)

PS: soru müthiş, ama cevap ondan da müthiş

THIS APPEARED ON CRAIG’S LIST

What am I doing wrong?

Okay, I’m tired of beating around the bush. I’m a beautiful (spectacularly beautiful) 25 year old girl. I’m articulate and classy.
I’m not from New York . I’m looking to get married to a guy who makes at least half a million a year. I know how that sounds, but keep in mind that a million a year is middle class in New York City, so I don’t think I’m overreaching at all.

Are there any guys who make 500K or more on this board? Any wives? Could you send me some tips? I dated a business man who makes average around 200 – 250. But that’s where I seem to hit a roadblock. 250,000 won’t get me to central park west. I know a woman in my yoga class who was married to an investment banker and lives in Tribeca, and she’s not as pretty as I am, nor is she a great genius. So what is she doing right? How do I get to her level?

Here are my questions specifically:

- Where do you single rich men hang out? Give me specifics- bars, restaurants, gyms

-What are you looking for in a mate? Be honest guys, you won’t hurt my feelings

-Is there an age range I should be targeting (I’m 25)?

- Why are some of the women living lavish lifestyles on the upper east side so plain? I’ve seen really ‘plain jane’ boring types who have nothing to offer married to incredibly wealthy guys. I’ve seen drop dead gorgeous girls in singles bars in the east village. What’s the story there?

- Jobs I should look out for? Everyone knows – lawyer, investment banker, doctor. How much do those guys really make? And where do they hang out? Where do the hedge fund guys hang out?

- How you decide marriage vs. just a girlfriend? I am looking for MARRIAGE ONLY

Please hold your insults – I’m putting myself out there in an honest way. Most beautiful women are superficial; at least I’m being up front about it. I wouldn’t be searching for these kind of guys if I wasn’t able to match them – in looks, culture, sophistication, and keeping a nice home and hearth.

it’s NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 432279810

THE ANSWER
Dear Pers-431649184:

I read your posting with great interest and have thought meaningfully about your dilemma. I offer the following analysis of your predicament.
Firstly, I’m not wasting your time, I qualify as a guy who fits your bill; that is I make more than $500K per year. That said here’s how I see it.

Your offer, from the prospective of a guy like me, is plain and simple a crappy business deal. Here’s why. Cutting through all the B.S., what you suggest is a simple trade: you bring your looks to the party and I bring my money. Fine, simple. But here’s the rub, your looks will fade and my money will likely continue into perpetuity…in fact, it is very likely that my income increases but it is an absolute certainty that you won’t be getting any more beautiful!

So, in economic terms you are a depreciating asset and I am an earning asset. Not only are you a depreciating asset, your depreciation accelerates! Let me explain, you’re 25 now and will likely stay pretty hot for the next 5 years, but less so each year. Then the fade begins in earnest. By 35 stick a fork in you!

So in Wall Street terms, we would call you a trading position, not a buy and hold…hence the rub…marriage. It doesn’t make good business sense to “buy you” (which is what you’re asking) so I’d rather lease. In case you think I’m being cruel, I would say the following. If my money were to go away, so would you, so when your beauty fades I need an out. It’s as simple as that. So a deal that makes sense is dating, not marriage.

Separately, I was taught early in my career about efficient markets. So, I wonder why a girl as “articulate, classy and spectacularly beautiful”
as you has been unable to find your sugar daddy. I find it hard to believe that if you are as gorgeous as you say you are that the $500K hasn’t found you, if not only for a tryout.

By the way, you could always find a way to make your own money and then we wouldn’t need to have this difficult conversation.

With all that said, I must say you’re going about it the right way.
Classic “pump and dump.”
I hope this is helpful, and if you want to enter into some sort of lease, let me know.

Be Sociable, Share!

Tagged as:

16 Responses to “Where do you single rich men hang out?”

1. Athanasia says:

I guess she has nothing to say to that!!

2. connie woo says:

it sounds harsh, but it is very true.

3. linda says:

what a brilliant reply! what a stupid, shallow, conceited female!!

4. Jill says:

brillant, everyword on the reply is true, the girl you need to get a life, what a conceited little b—-. i suggest you find love and everything else will fall in place.

5. Lola says:

nicely done!

6. Tanya says:

I don’t really see anything wrong with her question… just as long as she ends up marrying for LOVE and NOT MONEY. I mean, you can fall in love with just about anyone as long as you’re compatible so why not a rich guy? But I really hate the fact that she’s so hung up on money. It’s so hard to find a decent person these days who really understands the importance of LOVE, friendship, loyalty and affection and all that… I would think that should be her main concern… not money. I think money is way more common than love… and if she’s that determined to find money and that’s all… she’ll probably find it! And that’s also sad.

7. Michelle says:

A very honest question, with a very honest answer! This is NYC, no one marries for LOVE.

8. Lise says:

I love the way this man thinks and where can I find him. I am not looking for money at all but a man with morals. Chick you need to really look hard into the mirror – if indeed you are so beautiful try at least modeling. I hear they pay some good cash for your so called good looks!!! That way in a few years I can see your next email?? Where do I find a good MAN????

9. Neela says:

I have no idea where they hang out, but I would do like to know, because I would like to get hook up with one a nice one too. When I said nice I mean good character.

10. Shemy says:

Of course,

She needs to get a life. I don’t see why she thinks she deserves to marry a rich guy. She’ll never find a rich guy with her attitude. Men don’t respond to women that obviously want them for their money. Instead, they look for independent and supportive women that listen to them-especially a woman whose there when they need to be comforted!

So where are the independent, sweet, and supportive women? My guess is they’re married!!!

11. novelista20 says:

Ok…so im not completly mad that you posted this redicules question on craigslist.. But here is my honest answers anyways…
    First the reason why you see so many plain janes with these rich guys, is because most rich guys marry the women they met in college or high school..not some random chick in a bar. And also because beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some plain jane to you may be gorgeous to someone else. Rich guys normally make their money through investing. Second rich people don’t walk down the street with a arrow pointing at them indicating that there rich nor do they rarely go to bars. Most rich men have a circle. Just like all rich people do. And in this private circle, are other women and men who are of the same background, occupation, net worth and standards. They mingle and well you know the rest. But more than likely you’d find a rich guy early in the morning at a starbucks with a long black pea coat, on broadway ordering a mocha latte. But sweetie I have to say that your making yourself out to be a gold digger. In which case if you were to meet a rich guy they’d see right through you.
    Best of luck.

12. GG says:

To the person that replied to the classy 25 year old… Bravo! I was so turned on by everything that you replied. I love the way u think. It seriously is a turn on, the way u think. Talk about class, u stripped her dignaty in the most suttle but harsh way. I loved reading it. In addition, it could of been a bluff, what u said, about how wealthy you are, but still very nicely put. :)

13. Maria says:

Smart and Rich, nice… do you like nurses rich guy?

14. Krystal20 says:

Come now ladies are we not capable of taking care of ourselves? I would rather live in poverty than expose myself to a relationship with its foundations built purely on greed.

15. Ihate Asses says:

This guy is an ASS. So he’s an over paid Wall Street Whore, what else is new. Get over yourself. I don’t know very many men who look better with age, either — beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

16. Dee says:

Well smart guy if your so rich then invest in your investment so that she doesn’t get old….ever heard of plastic surgery everyone does it to stay young looking…if you can afford it!